India finally receives the most anticipated whatsapp feature – whatsapp pay. This was something highly looked forward to since the news about an additional whatsapp feature was floated. It was said that whatsapp has been working on it in partnership with one of the banks since a long time now. Only after testing the security of transactions, it was made to use. This feature works on Unified payment interface (UPI) and is very easy to understand and use.
Now sending and receiving money becomes easier. The user just have to link his/her bank account and a UPI pin generated and its done. This PIN number along with the phone number or the UPI Id will be used to make direct fund transfer to the receiver’s bank account. How to do it?? Just follow these steps
1. Go to the ‘settings’ button within the app and click on ‘payments’ option.
2. Now enter the bank details on the payment page.
3. After the details have been entered, just accept the terms and conditions and click on ‘submit’.
4. An SMS will be sent to verify the phone number. Then you will have to enter the phone number that is linked to your bank account.
5. Those who have the UPI just have to choose the bank account whereas the new users will have to create one for themselves.
Finally, the last six digits of your debit card and the expiry date will be used to create a VPA i.e virtual payee address. And you are good to go!
This new feature added in whatsapp has indeed made it very convenient for everyone to make transactions quickly. Till now we were using Paytm, mobikwik, Google Tez and other established apps for making transactions. Now, whatsapp is going to be a tough competition for all these digital wallets. However, this feature has not started working for e-commerce markets but the good thing is italso allowsusers to send and receive money to specific users in a group. Hasn’t it made life easier?